Tuesday, November 22, 2011

I'm back!

Wow it has been quite a year, in July I quit my "normal" job and moved from Helena MT back to Huxley IA.    You see back in 2000 my work transferred me from MT to IA, we ended up purchasing a home in a small town (Huxley) and living there for an additional 4 years.   Then at the spur of the moment we decided to move back to Helena back in 2006, my husband had the chance to purchase a small convenience store...so we took the chance put our home on the market and moved back home to Helena.   Five years later and after loosing several thousand dollars on the store, we still owned the home in Huxley.   During these five years I had been working for a Greek company providing IT services to a specialized state agency (Lottery), even though I loved what I did and loved the people that I worked with (yes even the loud and boisterousness Greeks) I could not help being upset that we were renting a house in Helena when we owned a house in Huxley.   After five years we decided to pack it in, closed the store and moved back to our home.    I haven't worked since July (actually I tried to work at a large retail store and only ended up hurting my hand and wrist...what a disaster that was).    So now I get to stay home, at least until I find a new job, and take care of my family.   This means more time for paper-crafting, cooking, and photography.    Actually the photography will have to wait, my camera won't turn on...ugh but that is another story.


I can't wait to get back into the swing of things and enjoy my time away from the 9a-5p (actually more like the 3am-2am)....

No comments:

Post a Comment