Saturday, May 1, 2010

MPS Challenge #3 - Think outside the box

This Challenge was harder for me at first, I am used to using almost anything in my scrapbooks.   So I looked around my room and found something made for scrapbooking that I have not used yet even though it was purchased several weeks ago.    What did I find you ask?    Tim Holtz Mask    After I saw his video on Youtube demostrating this product I wanted to try it.    So I finally bought a couple of them several weeks (months) ago.    I decided to use the clock on a scrap peice of paper by DCWV.   Then I started to build the colors after applying the mask using Distress Ink Vintage Photo.   Everything else came together after that.    I found a picture of my husband's great-grandmother and created a jounal tag using Word.   Then I cut the tag out using my Cricut Expression.

I used:

  • Tim Holtz Clock Mask
  • Distress Ink - Vintage Photo
  • Karen Foster Design sticker
  • K&Company Ancestry.com chipboard
  • Green and cream cardstock
  • DCWV paper
  • shimmer brads


The photo used is Ida Wihelmina Zuelke, mother of Opal Horvath.  She was born June 24, 1879 in Gohrband Village Pommern Germany, Married Gustave Fredrick Carl Doeling on June 10, 1900 in Iowa, she died January 23, 1960 in Yuma Arizona.

No comments:

Post a Comment