Sunday, January 22, 2012

Queen of my Craftroom Stamps only card

This week for Queen of my Craftroom design team challenge, we were asked to design a card using only stamps, we were asked not to use our special cutters like the cricut.

I actually created 3 cards, one of which I posted yesterday you can scroll down my blog to see it below.

The other two that I created are below.   I'm loving how these cards turned out.

The first is a card featuring a stamp from Hero Arts Good Fortune set.  I colored the stamps using my new Copic markers that my husband got me for Christmas.    I added iRock bling to the umbrella to give it some glitz.   I added the sentiment "Dance like no one is watching" from Pink by Design Girls Just Wanna Have Fun stamp set.   I distressed the edges of the stamped block with black dye ink.    The card base is is a craft paper colored cardstock.   I added the red accent paper from my stash of paper scraps.    The inside of the card has the sentiment "We do not remember days, we remember moments" from the Cloud 9 Simple Thoughts stamp set.




Items used:
Craft cardstock from craft store
Red glitter paper (unknown source)
Pink by Design Girls Just Wanna Have Fun stamp set
Cloud 9 Simple Thoughts stamp set
Hero Arts Good Fortune stamp set
Copic Markers B24, B28, R46
iRock bling
Black and pink Martha Steward markers
Vivid Black Dye Ink

The last card that I made started with a Baby Blue card base, to it I added patterned paper from DCWV (sorry I can't find the stack name), I used a beautiful dress stamp from Inkadinkadoo Friendship stamp set, that I colored using those Copic markers again.  I added iRock white and black bling to the card and Pink by Design's "lush-ious" stamp from her Girls Just Wanna Have Fun stamp set.   The inside of the card includes a sentiment from the Cloud 9 Simple Thoughts set "Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away".   I added black inking around the edges of the card and blocks to add some depth to the image.





Items used:
Baby Blue cardstock from craft store
DCWV patterned paper
Inkadinkadoo Friendship stamp set
Pink by Design Girls Just Wanna Have Fun stamp set
iRock bling
Copic Markers B24 & B28
Vivid Black Dye Ink
Cloud 9 Simple Thoughts stamp set

No comments:

Post a Comment