Sunday, January 8, 2012

Queen of my Craftroom Winter Theme Challenge

This week over at Queen of my Craftroom, the designers were challenged to come up with a Winter Themed card that included a snowman.   I created two cards for this challenge.   Both cards use the same color palate of blue, white, and silver.


Card #1 starts with a blue base card measuring 5.5" x 4.25".   I cut the two frames with my Cricut using the Elegant Edges cartridge with the oblong feature cut at 5", I hid the feature cut on the inside of the frame.  Paper used was from DCWV, the Winter Wonder stack.    The sentiment is also from the Winter Wonder stack.


The snowman is from the Dazzles Double-stick Snowman Stickers.   I used Jewel Glitter Ritz in Sky Blue and Lime Green to create the snowman.   Using the microfine glitter is the best way to use these stickers, other glitter is just too big and will not give the best coverage.  


The inside of the card contains another sentiment from the Winter Wonder Stack as well as the second frame cut from the same stack.


Card #3 also started with a blue base measuring 5.5" x 4.25", the front of the card was embossed with the Cuttlebug and the snowflakes folder.   I created the topper of the card using scrap paper from DCWV Winter Wonder stack, I used EK Success snowflake border punch.    The sentiment is also from the Winder Wonder stack.  

The snowman is from Dazzles Heartfelt Snowman Stickers.   I placed the sticker on Be Creative double-sided tape.   I used both Jewel Glitter Ritz in Sky Blue and Crystal Glitter in Multi from Stampendous!


The inside of the card is scrap paper from the Winder Wonder stack as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment